1. Are you married? If so when did you get married, and tell us about your special day. If not? How would you describe your dream wedding?
We've been married for almost 3 years. 11.07.2009 We actually weren't going to get married in 2009, but due to circumstances with his fishing career we decided that it was best since the fall is his 'time off.' (I wouldn't have had it any other way.) Our day was amazing. Packed full with our closest friends & family in a beautiful church. We had a semi big wedding with about 100 guests, but we didn't get in debt with it. I chose wisely & luckily Jeremy had won a lot of money that year for fishing. We paid for 95% of the wedding out of our pockets so we had to make sure we knew what we were doing since we didn't want to get married & have a huge debt already.
2. Show us some wedding pictures. Either yours or of some that you love.
3. How about the engagement? Tell us your story. If not engaged, what's your dream proposal?
Our engagement was perfect & so was. I actually knew it was coming all along. I won't get into detail with that here because Jeremy still doesn't know the entire story to that & he won't ever. ;) Anyways, it was December 22nd, 2008 and he had planned an amazing dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. I got all dolled up & off we went. He proposed while we were waiting on dinner and forgot to get down on his knee. Yeah, I still make sure he knows that he forgot about that. I love it because it's so him. He was so incredibly nervous (why? I don't know..not like I would have said no.) Afterwards we went out for drinks with some of our closest friends. Perfect night.
4. Show us your wedding rings or an engagement photo! If not engaged/married ... show us your "dream" ring.
I was looking through all of my pictures and realized I don't have an up close picture of our rings. Here is one that was taken on our wedding day, but you can't really see the rings.
5. Tell us why you think marriage doesn't work out for so many? What can we do to make things last
I'm no marriage expert, but I believe too many people are wrapped up in the idea of a 'perfect' marriage & don't give their marriage a good try. I'm still stuck back in the 'old days' where people only get married once & you're with that person forever. People don't communicate anymore & I think they just get lost in their own world. Communication is key. Forgiveness is #1 in marriage. Sacrifice, compromise, trust, loyalty & companionship.